Chronicles in the day of the Last Stand
Saturday, May 27, 2006
dis-so-ci-a-tion: an adaptive defense in response to high stress or trauma characterized by memory loss and a sense of disconnection from oneself or one's surroundings

**Spoiler alert. The post contain stuff that you may not want to know if you haven't seen X-Men 3: The Last Stand. If you still want to continue reading, then proceed at your own risk. Otherwise, please feel free to read my other posts. :)

My mom woke me up at about 5:30 in the morning. She asked me to drive her to the market. She had no idea I just had about an hour and a half of sleep.

This is going to be one hell of a Saturday.

I sent my morning greetings to my friends. Chris and Alpha replied. Ngot made my phone ring with a missed call. Haha hindi siguro nakaunlimited ang cutie.

I finished my chores by 11:30. After a long, refreshing bath, I realized nasira pala ang TV. Damn. So I had to let myself be content with listening to Sitti's album (beats the hell out of listening to the local radio stations).

Lunch. Catch up on my reading. A 30 minute nap. Grabe sana naman tumaba na ko.

3:00. Today is one hot day. I took a quick shower, after receiving a phone call from my mom. Nagpapasundo. Siyempre kelangan ding bihisan ang pinsan kong parang mantika kung matulog.

My mom asked if I wanted to see a movie. Haha. Who am I to refuse? It just so happens I'm aching to see the latest X-Men movie for days now.

Grabe, the parking lot was jam packed. I had to pull a little stunt just to get a decent parking space (Imagine Nicolas Cage driving a car backwards in Gone in 60 Seconds). I was really pleased with my driving skills after that.

We 'deposited' my kid cousin in an establishment called Kids Play (sort of a place where you can leave your kids while you go about your business in the mall). Haha. Funny, in a weird way. It's like a baggage counter for kids. They put tags on the kids and then they give you corresponding numbers just to make sure the one you'll be bringing back home is really your kid. Para siya talagang baggage counter sa grocery store. Weird.

So there we were. Bonding time with my mom. I realize we haven't done that for quite some time now. Sana lang hindi siya pagkamalan na sugar mommy ko di ba. Haha. Magkaakbay pa naman kami kapag naglalakad.

So in we go to the cinema. It turns out hindi pa pala tapos yung screening na nauna. So the first thing I got to see was Jean Grey dying at the hands of Wolverine. Kamusta naman. And then the next scene was a shot of the tombstone of Cyclops and Professor X. Kamusta naman di ba. Alam ko na kagad kung sino ang mamamatay. Bwiset.

Opening credits na ulit. Kamusta naman yung nasa harap namin. Ni hindi pa natatapos yung opening credits nagsisimula nang mag-PDA. Grrrr. Ang sarap pag-umpugin.

So ayun. I was actually enjoying the movie when I realized I've been drinking too much 7-UP and my bladder was begging for a release. Damn. Just when things started to get exciting. Papatayin na ni Jean Grey si Professor X! I stayed until just after that scene before I went running to the bathroom.

When I got back. It was the drobo moment between Kitty and Bobby (Shadowcat and Iceman) with poor Marie (Rogue) watching as the boyfriend she can't touch is ice skating with another girl. Tough luck.

I realized gusto ko rin pala powers ni Iceman. Haha. Kapag na kong maisip na idea for gimmick, I'll just freeze the whole lagoon over para makapagice-skating kami. Haha. Useful din for drobo moments, not to mention for hot days. :)

It was nearing the end of the movie. Great action scenes. Great shots of Kitty. :)

I can't say fully satisfied with the movie, also with the ending, pero I agree with Levs. Its way better than Da Vinci. All in all its a great eye candy. A great addition to your video collection if you have one. I wouldn't mind watching it over and over again.

After that its pretty much a short drive home, family dinner. Aun. Natapos din ang araw.

After I publish this its over and out for me. Its way past my bedtime anyway. Yawn.
 
posted by Lubert at 10:30 PM | Permalink


2 Comments:


At 4:18 AM, Blogger Lubert

hmm...i replied? talaga? wha...i don't remember replying...hala...

Sabi mo kaya "maganda ako.. este magandang umaga..."

 

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Goddess Levs

i agree with you kuya!X3 is a must in a dvd/vcd collection.hehe.we collect dvds and gusto ko magkaron nun for sure.astig!hehe...