Bar Band Singer Bests Pop Princess
Thursday, May 25, 2006
The cultural borrowings and interminglings which have brought us to this moment cover vast distances and an enormous span of time. Presented with such awesome panoply, we can only derive a sense of great movement and powerful currents.

The results are in. Taylor Hicks has won it. The Soul Patrol has overcome the McPheever.

And eventhough I was really smitten with dear Kat, I can't help but be happy with the results. I think Taylor is one hell of an entertainer. The fact that he made Simon Cowell eat his own words was bonus. Hahaha that's serving one for the British devil in the black shirt. (I know most people don't really dig AI so I'll just go ahead with what I'm trying to say.)

Whether or not you're into AI, please do take a moment to appreciate Taylor's first single. I think it's a good song. (I got goosebumps the first time I heard.) Definitely at par with the past idols' singles (except Reuben's Sorry 2004 which I just found simply pathetic).


I've never been
The one to raise my hand
That was not me
and now that's who I am
Because of you
I am standing tall

My heart is full
of endless gratitude
You were the one
The one to guide me through
Now I can see
And I believe
It's only just beginning

This is what we dream about
But the only question with me now
Is do I make you proud
Stronger than I've ever been now
Never been afraid of standing out
Do I make you proud

Everybody needs to rise up
Everybody needs to be loved
To be loved

Thanks to Idolblog for the lyrics.
 
posted by Lubert at 5:58 AM | Permalink


0 Comments: