Peerage Titles
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Achilles: Perhaps the kings were too far behind. Soldiers won the battle.
Agamemnon: History remembers kings! Not soldiers!

Its time to settle it once and for all. What to call who.

By virtue of the link sent to me by her royal highness, Queen Alpha, dear lords and ladies, here are some guidelines on the proper addresses issued to my friends who's been designating titles to themselves of late. (Katuwaan lang naman po ito, though some live up to their titles quite well. Haha.)

On the other hand, its good to acquaint ourselves with such niceties. You'll never know. You might bump into some royalty someday. Although statistically that's quite improbable as less and less of the old aristocratic structure exist. Still, I found it quite an interesting read since I'm fond of literature pieces dealing with the adventures of nobilities. I recommend it for Shakespeare buffs too.

Oh and by the way, I'm following the British guidelines.

  • Queens/Kings - You/His/Her Majesty. King Henry VI was called "His Grace," Edward VI was called "His High and Mighty Prince," Henry VII was called "His Highness,"

  • Prince/Princess - Your/His/Her Royal Highness.

  • Duke/Duchess - Your/His/Her Grace.

  • Earl/Count/Countess - Your/His/ Her Lordship/Ladyship. Or My Lord/Lady.

  • Cardinal - Your/His Eminence.

  • Archbishop - Your/His Grace.

  • Bishop - Bishop, Monsignor or Your Excellence; In England, My Lord.

Ayan, I hope wala nang confusion my lords and ladies, your royal higness, your majesty.

For the full article, click here.

 
posted by Lubert at 8:30 PM | Permalink


3 Comments:


At 11:36 AM, Blogger Abby

waah. ayaw lumabas ng comment ko. :(

anyway...uulitin ko na lang.

i want to be called My Lady. :)

 

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Lubert

wahaha oo nga ayoko rin maging henry VI your majesty, mas gusto ko yung henry na maraming asawa. si henry VIII ata yun... haha sarap mangarap... :)

 

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Lubert

and by the way, your preference is noted my lady abby.. :)