My Pappy always says...
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Men have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You become, responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

Virge sent me a message this morning about how high his hairline has become. It just made me laugh.

I remembered the times when I used to tease my father about his receding hairline. He just laughs it all of and says:

"Oo ka. Tignan mo akong mabuti ngayon dahil kung ano ang itsura ko ngayon, ganito rin ang itsura mo pag tanda mo."

I remember back in higschool my friends and I were played this funny game. We were supposed to share the things that our parents usually say in certain situations, like when they get really mad, etc. You'd be surprised at what parents say to their kids.

Here's what my parents say when:
  1. when they get mad: "LUCIO LAMBERTO!!!" This is my queue. 'This means joke time is over. :)
  2. when I tease my sister about being short, fat and pug nosed: "Wag kang mag-alala, kapag nagpakilala ka sa amin ng girlfriend mo pipintasan din namin siya..."
  3. when we talk of their future grandchildren: "Basta kami hindi namin kayo ipagaalaga ng anak nyo. Ang trabaho lang ng lolo't lola ay mang-spoil ng apo."
  4. when I'm driving and we realize we're lost: "Saan ka pupunta Lodgardo Nicolas??" Hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin kilala kung sino yun.
  5. when I make my little cousin cry: "Hala ka kuya, tandaan mo, matanda ka na at uudgo-ugod na, bata pa sila. Malakas pa. Kawawa ka kapag gumanti sila."
  6. when we talk about women: "Anak, NEVER EVER tell a woman she's fat." Based on my experience, this is one of the best advice he's ever given me. :)

Join the game. Haha. Comment nyo lang what your parents would always say. You'd be surprised with what you hear for other people's parents. :)

 
posted by Lubert at 2:20 PM | Permalink


3 Comments:


At 6:45 AM, Blogger Abby

hmm...

my mother calls me Belai. :D

mwahahaha! ooh, i wonder kung sino si Lodgardo Nicolas!

 

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Lubert

abby! hindi ko talaga alam eh... kahit sila hindi rin daw nila alam.. ewan ko kung san nila kinuha yun.. i actually searched for it sa google dati.. haha freak..

alpha! so may household names pala kayo for jerks and bad boyfriends ha... hehe... na break ko ba yung rule no. 6? haha oo nga then again akala ko ba one of the boys ka? hehe joke lang po your majesty.. :)

 

At 9:02 AM, Blogger virge

that is just so mean... hehe,